From the day that Fossil Trace Golf Club opened in 2003, both local and national golf course awards and accolades have featured the course, making Fossil Trace Golf Club a renowned golf course not only in Colorado but in the United States. Guests from over 46 (and counting) countries and all 50 states (within 18 months of opening) have visited Fossil Trace since 2003.
Both Golf Digest and Golf Magazine voted Fossil Trace as one of the Top 10 new golf courses to play in the country in 2003.
Golf Digest Magazine
- Golf Digest Magazine has named Fossil Trace a 4 ½ Star “Places to Play” from 2006-14.
- Golf Digest Magazine has named Fossil Trace a Top 50 Course for Women in 2011 and 2013.
- Golf Digest Magazine has designated Hole #12 as one of the “18 Most Fun Holes in America, January, 2011.
- Fossil Trace Golf Club has been featured on GolfWeek’s Best Municipal Courses list from 2009-14.
- Fossil Trace Golf Club was also named as one of the top public courses in Colorado by GolfWeek.
Colorado Avid Golfer
- Best Denver/Front Range Course
- Best Starting Hole in Colorado
- Best Charity Tournament Venue
- Best Service
- Best Bet-Settler (18th Hole)
- “Top of the Town” Best Golf Course in Denver
- Best Golf Course in Denver
Ask any guest who has experienced the course and you’ll hear in great detail why it is the premier golf course experience in the Denver area, beginning with a bang on the first hole; voted by Colorado Avid Golfer Magazine, “Best Starting Hole in Colorado” numerous times.
Explore more of what the experts say about Fossil Trace with links to the articles below the publication.
- Jim Engh’s Colorado Article
- Course Review Article
Denver Life Magazine
- Dream 18 Article
Mile High Sports Magazine
- Inside the Game w/Adam Finch (pg 93)
Lost Balls: Great Holes, Touch Shots, and Bad Lies
- Hole # 12 Featured in the Book